You’ve put it off long enough. Now you’re ready to start that big DIY job – maybe it’s a new bathroom or you’re stripping out and changing the look of your kitchen. You’ve got all the tools and you’re ready to go.
But wait! Where are you going to put all the waste you produce? There’s the old skirting board, the carpets, the tiles and cupboards and bed frame, for example. It’s one thing that DIY’ers often forget until they start tossing waste out the door and find it piling up on their driveway.
Benefits of a Skip Hire
Before you start work, it’s worth finding out about local skip hire in Bury and getting that in place so you have somewhere to store all your waste safely. Here are just some reasons why:
- The waste you produce goes all in one place. It’s not lying on the floor for you to trip over or cluttering up the garden or pathways. Once you get started on your DIY project, you’ll be surprised how much debris can build up.
- You don’t have to worry about disposal. The skip is delivered and placed either in your garden, on your driveway or the road outside. Once it’s full, the skip hire company come along and pick it up. They handle all aspects of waste disposal, ensuring everything is handled in an eco-friendly way.
- Nor do you have to worry about separating your waste into different categories such as paper, wood, glass and plastic, the skip hire company does that for you. You can just throw it in the skip and get on with your DIY job.
What Skip do I Choose?
There are several different options when it comes to skip hire and a lot will depend on the DIY project you are undertaking as well as the amount of waste you produce. Here’s a quick guide:
- The 4-yard mini skip hire is the smallest available and is ideal for jobs such as renovating a bathroom or a modest kitchen.
- The 6-yard skip is probably the most popular choice because it gives you more room for waste disposal if you’re not quite sure how much you are going to produce. To give you an idea, it can hold around 50 to 60 bin bags of rubbish.
- The 8-yard skip, also known as the builders skip, is a good choice for bigger projects where you might have, for example, a lot of rubble and bulky objects to get rid of.
The great news is that, if you’re not 100% sure what size skip you need, our team at M60 Skip Hire in Bury is on hand to give you all the advice you need.
One of the keys to using a skip, of course, is how you fill it. It’s worth thinking about this so that you can make the most of the capacity you have, even with a smaller skip. One thing you don’t want is to overfill your skip which makes it difficult to lift safely and transport to the waste disposal site.
Where to Hire a Skips in Bury
If you are planning a DIY project in 2022, M60 Skip Hire in Bury is here to help. Our friendly, local team can give you the advice you are looking for and make sure that you get the right-sized skip for your needs.
We’ve got more than 10 years of experience helping homeowners across Bury and there’s not much we don’t know about skips. We’re fully licenced and dispose of all waste ethically so you can have complete peace of mind.
Want to find out more? Contact our team today for your Bury skip hire.
LOOKING TO HIRE A SKIP FOR YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS?